If you are like me, you love cleaning wipes. So fast, easy and convenient. Just grab one, wipe, done! A lot of the cleaning wipe products you find in the stores are either filled with harsh chemicals we don’t want our families exposed to or the all natural , organic ones are way too expensive. I mean really, why does it have to cost so much to clean our homes toxin free? I will be sharing with you on how to make your own cleaning wipes. All chemical free and cheap. Who doesn’t love saving money? When I started on my organic lifestyle I decided to take the difference I use to spend vs. now and see how much I came up with. Within 6 months of doing that I noticed I was saving about 40.00 bucks a month. I know it doesn’t sound like a lot, but money adds up! Yes, getting everything at first is costly, but once you got all you need and get started you will start to see the savings adding up. I will be sharing my basic cleaning wipes recipe, but can be changed based on preference.
- 1 roll of paper towels I like this brand (click here) because they are strong and durable. You don’t want something thin as it will just fall apart.
- a saw or electric knife. I suggest investing in an electric knife as it is so much easier and faster to slice down the middle of the roll.
- a container with a lid to store them in. Can be an old clean coffee can. Just something big and tall enough to fit the paper towels.
- 1/2 cup of white vinegar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of dish soap or liquid castile soap
- 25 drops of tea tree essential oil
In a bowl mix together the vinegar, water, soap and essential oil. Set to the side. Cut your roll of paper towels in half. Pour half of the cleaning mixture into desired container, place 1 of the halves of paper towels into the container, pour the rest of the cleaning mixture over the top. Place lid on the container and tip upside down and back up right a couple of times to be sure the paper towels are getting covered by the cleaning mixture. Take off the lid and pull the cardboard center out, when you do this some of the paper towels will come up with it. That is ok because that is where you will pull them to grab one. Store in a dry place with a secure lid so they don’t dry out.
Volia! You are done! Homemade, DIY , Organic cleaning wipes. Feel free to replace the tea tree oil with another essential oil of choice. Make it your own! Have you tried this or have a question, drop them below!