I know I already shared my shampoo bar soap recipes, but today I am going to share my ‘liquid’ shampoo recipe. My boys prefer the bar soap as they have shorter hair, while my girls and I like the ‘liquid’ kind because we have much longer, thicker hair. There are so many wonderful benefits to creating your own organic shampoo. No chemicals, no dyes, no artifical perfumes, most importantly you know exactly what is in it! In my experience natural, organic products just work better. This recipe is great as the coconut milk as moisture, the castille soap will clean your hair gently and the essential oils can be used for a specific hair problem or mixed and matched for desired smell. This very easy DIY hair shampoo is so easy to make you can have your very own organic shampoo in minutes.
Our best selling Three Dots shirt! This slim fitting boat neck tee is cut from soft 100… [More]
The perfect Spring tee in fresh colors to brighten your days! [More]
Eileen Fisher Scoop Neck Long Slim Tank in Organic Cotton Baby RibA best-selling style … [More]
Let’s get to it:
- ¼ cup coconut milk (homemade or canned)
- 1/4 cup Liquid Castille Soap
- 20 drops of Essential Oils of choice (I’ve used peppermint, lavender, rosemary , vanilla, jasmine, rose and orange or combinations of those)
- For dry hair: add ½ tsp olive oil, almond oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in an old shampoo bottle or jar of some kind (pump soap dispensers and even foaming dispensers work well for this. If you use a foaming dispenser, add 1/4 cup of distilled water)
- Shake well to mix.
- Keep in shower for up to a month.
- Shake before each use.
- Use about a teaspoon every time you shampoo.
- If you use a foaming dispenser, it also makes a great shaving cream- just dilute with 1/4 cup distilled water
Easy,right? Organic, natural, chemical free and budget friendly. Like mentioned above, feel free to mix and match essential oils or leave them out completely. Have fun with it! Til next time smile, you’re beautiful!